Principles & Cardinal Rules
Joy Global Surface Mining has established a set of Safety Principles and Cardinal Rules which have been adopted globally. They are the foundation of our safety program and culture.
Joy Global Surface Mining Safety Principles
- All injuries can be prevented
- No task is so important, no schedule is so urgent, that the job cannot be done safely
- Everyone's involvement is essential
- Open, honest and effective safety communication is essential
- Management is accountable for providing a safe working environment
- Each employee is responsible for their own safety and health, as well as promoting the safety of their co-workers
- Training employees to work safely is essential
- Working safely is a condition of employment
Joy Global Surface Mining Cardinal Rules of Safety
Cardinal Rules are site specific at Joy Global Surface Mining. They are the rules that are absolutes, because violation could result in a fatality. Employees violating cardinal rules are disciplined up to and including termination. It is every employee's responsibility to abide at all times by the Cardinal Rules.
"No task is so important, no schedule so urgent, that the job cannot be done safely."