Your mine is an evolving production landscape. The demands on you to reach ever-lower operating cost targets are constant. Toward that end, you know there are some tools you can count on to deliver the reliable productivity you need to get the job done.
One of them is your P&H brand electric rope shovel, from Joy Global, unparalleled in its rugged reliability, high performance, and productivity.
As your production needs have become more demanding, P&H electric shovels have met those challenges by employing constantly improving systems, designs and solutions to tackle your toughest requirements. Our shovels are tailored to your efficient production requirements, starting with the priority you place on mine safety. P&H shovels are inherently stable, and they position operators safely away from the digging face for exceptional visibility and added security. Safe and comfortable, your shovel operators devote full concentration to loading operations.
Your operations benefit in many other ways from your P&H electric rope shovel...
- Lower cost per unit of production
- Demonstrated high-volume loading capability
- High availability and reliability
- Significantly lower energy cost versus diesel hydraulic excavators
- Compatibility with a wide range of truck sizes
- Designed for maintainability and upgradeability
Above all, you benefit from the strong life cycle support you get from Joy Global.
Planning for Lowest Cost Per Ton
With Joy Global, there are no off-the-shelf answers to your mining challenges. Instead, our knowledge and experience in surface mining around the world allows us to arrive at a solution that is exactly right for your operations.
Before making recommendations to you, an experienced Joy Global applications expert performs a thorough review of your specific circumstances and objectives.
The best solution for your requirements might be a new, high-tech P&H 4100XPC, or perhaps a highly productive smaller shovel such as the 2300XPC or 2800XPC. We might also recommend a rebuilt used machine, a long-term Life Cycle Management contract, technical training or other proven solutions for lowering your operating cost.
Ultimately, we are driven to helping you reach your lowest cost—now and into the future. We’re more than a distribution and support source for you: We’re your partner for the life of your operation.
Best Customer Value
P&H shovels feature systems and designs aimed at higher productivity:
- Efficient planetary propel and swing systems
- Powerful and durable P&H motors
- Modular components that speed erection and maintenance
...and many other features designed with engineering tools like SolidWorks, CATIA, and Nastran and finite element analysis to withstand the rigors of mining and deliver superior ongoing value to your mine.
A Smaller Carbon Footprint
Due in large part to the greater mechanical efficiencies inherent in electric rope shovels versus hydraulic excavators, electric shovels produce about 59% less greenhouse gases than their diesel-powered counterparts.
Every P&H brand shovel is custom-built to meet your specific needs. Time and money-saving options include:
- Payload Systems which provide accuracy, ease of calibration, and extensiveness of data.
- OptiDig II which virtually prevents the dipper from stalling in the bank and therefore increasing dipper fill factors.
- ShoveLink Remote Communications Software. which allows machine information to be displayed on a remote PC in the office, shop or service vehicle.
- The C-Series Operator Cab—the most sophisticated and ergonomically advanced operator environment ever developed. Designed with vast input from customers over the past decade and breakthrough design solutions from the Joy Global's engineering team, the new cab is leading the transition of shovel operators to Loading Center Managers. The C-Series Cab is available on new shovels or as an upgrade on previous models.
Most Productive In Its Class
Developed with valuable input from our customers and in collaboration with truck manufacturers, the flagship of the P&H shovel line is the 4100XPC. Incorporating the Centurion Control System, the P&H 4100XPC delivers control, comfort and consistency to your mining operations. Our flagship shovel is the ultimate example of Joy Global breakthrough solutions—it reflects a great example of understanding our customers’ needs and our passion to create world-class products.
Worldwide, three out of every four electric rope shovels deployed are the P&H brand, including the best-selling P&H 2800-class electric rope shovel.
Contact your Joy Global representative for more information on the entire line of P&H shovels.